- Project List
- Better Way Anaheim Service Project Opportunity Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Better Way Anaheim Service Project Opportunity Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Date & Time:
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
0 have signed up & 4 openings remain.
Please do not sign up for Better Way Anaheim on the LoveAnaheim.org website.
WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO ASSIST WITH AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE DURING THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN. PARTICIPANTS IN THIS PROJECT MUST BE HOMELESS INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO SERVE ON A LOVE ANAHEIM SERVICE PROJECT WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OUTLINED IN THE VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES FROM THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
THE DATE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS TUESDAY, March 28, 2023.
The planned task will be Park Beautification. The work planned for the day will vary from light to moderate and will involve lifting, bending and walking. It will be outdoors, subject to prevailing weather conditions. Closed toed/heeled shoes are mandatory (bare feet, flip-flops, sandals of all sorts are not allowed for the safety of the participants).
Better Way Anaheim is a City Of Anaheim and Love Anaheim Partnership that will conduct weekly community service outings of up to five hours each for Homeless individuals. Participants will work to clean up parks, paint trash cans or fire hydrants and work on other community projects.
Those taking part in Better Way Anaheim will work as volunteers and be provided food and gift cards worth $60 for each day of service. They will also have access to the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative with referrals to housing, healthcare, social services benefits, employment and other services designed to help homeless individuals to their next step and towards ending their homelessness.
Those interested are encouraged to sign up on this page and will be contacted once they are signed up. Signing up does not guarantee that a position will be available on that day. We will select participants from those signed up. We will contact those signed up to confirm each person’s status or assign you to another day. Service location and details will be communicated to participants when they are scheduled and contacted.
- Each volunteer serve day will include:
- 1. 9 am - 2 pm or 10 am - 3 pm time frame
- 2. a 15-20 minute orientation:
- +Introductions to Driver and Helper (Captain)
- +Waiver signing
- +A brief overview of the day layout including guidelines
- +Overview of project(s) being done
- +Restroom protocol / arrangements
- 3. a 5-10 minute break every hour
- 4. a 30-60 minute lunch provided by Faith Based Group, Business, etc., including interaction time with those providing lunch.
- 5. a 15 minute de-brief at days end which will include resource lists of additional services provided by the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative Network
- 6. Receipt of $60 gift card pack
For more information regarding this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit BWA