- Project List
- Better Way Anaheim PROVIDE LUNCH FOR PARTICIPANTS
Better Way Anaheim PROVIDE LUNCH FOR PARTICIPANTS
0 have signed up & 10 openings remain.
Benita Gagne, Tino Suffi
- This is an opportunity for established Anaheim residents to assist Better Way Anaheim to assist our Homeless Neighbors.
- ONCE YOU SIGN UP, WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH OPTIONS TO SELECT A DATE FOR YOU TO PROVIDE LUNCH!
- You will be responsible for:
- 1. Receiving information from the Better Way Anaheim / Love Anaheim Leadership to determine the details of the lunch you will be providing, and the location for dropping it off .
- 2. Ordering, paying for, picking up, and delivering the lunch to the designated location, it will most likely be
- a city park. Communicating with the Project Captain / Helper regarding lunch delivery
- 3. interacting with the Homeless Neighbor Participants as you deliver the lunch, encouraging them,
- supporting them and if you feel comfortable, staying to eat lunch with them
- 4. assisting the Project Captain and participants to clean up after lunch is over
ABOUT THE BETTER WAY ANAHEIM PROGRAM:
Better Way Anaheim is a City Of Anaheim and Love Anaheim Partnership that will conduct weekly community service outings of up to five hours each for Homeless individuals. Participants will work to clean up parks, paint trash cans or fire hydrants and work on other community projects.
Those taking part in Better Way Anaheim will work as volunteers and be provided food and gift cards worth $60 for each day of service. They’ will also have access to the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative with referrals to housing, healthcare, social services benefits, employment and other services designed to help Homeless individuals to their next step and towards ending their homelessness.
Those Homeless persons interested are encouraged to sign up on this page and will be contacted once they are signed up. Details will be communicated to participants once they are signed up.
- Each volunteer serve day will include:
- 1. 9 am - 2 pm or 10 am - 3 pm time frame
- 2. a 15-20 minute orientation:
- +Introductions to Driver and Helper (Captain)
- +Waiver signing
- +Repeating the Love Anaheim Pledge
- +A brief overview of the day layout including guidelines
- +Overview of project(s) being done
- +Restroom protocol / arrangements
- 3. a 5-10 minute break every hour
- 4. a 45-60 minute lunch provided by Faith Based Group, Business, etc, including interaction time with those
- providing lunch.
- 5. a 15 minute de-brief at days end which will include resource lists of additional services provided by the
- Anaheim Homeless Collaborative Network
- 6. Receipt of $60 gift card pack
For more information regarding this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit BWA