- Project List
- Better Way Anaheim Service Project Opportunity Thursday, February 27, 2020
Better Way Anaheim Service Project Opportunity Thursday, February 27, 2020
Date & Time:
Thursday, February 27, 2020
9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
1 have signed up & 0 openings remain.
Benita Gagne, Nathan Zug
PARTICIPANTS IN THIS PROJECT MUST BE HOMELESS INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO SERVE ON A LOVE ANAHEIM SERVICE PROJECT.
THE DATE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2020.
Better Way Anaheim is a City Of Anaheim and Love Anaheim Partnership that will conduct weekly community service outings of up to five hours each for Homeless individuals. Participants will work to clean up parks, paint trash cans or fire hydrants and work on other community projects.
Those taking part in Better Way Anaheim will work as volunteers and be provided food and gift cards worth $60 for each day of service. They will also have access to the Anaheim Homeless Collaborative with referrals to housing, healthcare, social services benefits, employment and other services designed to help homeless individuals to their next step and towards ending their homelessness.
Those interested are encouraged to sign up on this page and will be contacted once they are signed up. Service location and details will be communicated to participants once they are signed up.
- Each volunteer serve day will include:
- 1. 9 am - 2 pm or 10 am - 3 pm time frame
- 2. a 15-20 minute orientation:
- +Introductions to Driver and Helper (Captain)
- +Waiver signing
- +Repeating the Love Anaheim Pledge
- +A brief overview of the day layout including guidelines
- +Overview of project(s) being done
- +Restroom protocol / arrangements
- 3. a 5-10 minute break every hour
- 4. a 45-60 minute lunch provided by Faith Based Group, Business, etc, including interaction time with those
- providing lunch.
- 5. a 15 minute de-brief at days end which will include resource lists of additional services provided by the
- Anaheim Homeless Collaborative Network
- 6. Receipt of $60 gift card pack
For more information regarding this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit BWA
Thank You, This Project is Full